I don't know about your winters, but where I live it's very likely that we'll be stuck indoors on many winter days due to dangerously cold temperatures and blizzard like conditions. (No, I don't live in the frozen tundra, just the upper-Midwest part of the US.)
So, in case you're stuck indoors and your kids are getting a little stir crazy, here are 10 ideas for some indoor fun:
1. Find a big piece of cardboard and let your little artists get creative like we did with our Mary, Mary Quite Contrary mural.
2. Put on your pajamas, pop in a good movie, and drink hot cocoa.
3. Make masking tape roads and get out all the toy cars. Here's a great example of a masking tape town from Creatively Content.
4. Make your own play dough. Nurture Store has a wonderful selection of play dough recipes and ideas in their free e-book!)
(photo via NurtureStore)
5. Put glow sticks in the bathtub, turn off the lights and have a glow-in-the-dark bath. Check out how Play At Home Mom had fun with glow sticks in the bath!
6. Set up a pretend play invitation like our pet shop. If you don't want a pet shop, you can set up a grocery store, doctor's office, or even a zoo.
7. Get cozy under a pile of blankets and read aloud a classic book like Charlotte's Web or Little House on the Prairie
8. Have fun with simple science experiments using everyday household items. Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas recently had a Mad Science Week with several fun ideas to try.
(photo via Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas)
9. Have a competition to see who can build the tallest block tower or who can build a tower the fastest. Challenge each other with building activities.
10. Raid your recycling bin and use cardboard rolls as stamps like we did with our cardboard roll stamping.
*Bonus Activity* Gather the whole family and put together a jigsaw puzzle. It's fun, challenging, and a great way to spend time together!
What is your favorite thing to do when you're stuck indoors?
Did you see that Project Around the World is now an e-book series? Click here to see how you can get the first edition, New York City.
Linking up to the TGIF Linky Party, Fun Stuff Fridays, The Sunday Showcase, Link & Learn, Serenity Saturday, The Mommy Club, and The Play Academy