The night sky is such an endlessly fascinating subject and I had so much fun sharing ideas with you this week.
I've rounded up 10 more fun ideas from some of my favorite kids activities blogs (and when I say favorite, I should let you know that I have hundreds of favorite blogs).
If you're looking to extend your study of the night sky, or just looking for a great family activity, this list should have you covered.
- Play and learn with a homemade constellation geoboard from Babble Dabble Doo.
- Do a simple experiment to learn how and why there are different moon phases with We-Made-That.com.
- Make DIY constellation cards and learn about some of the myths behind them with How Wee Learn.
- Create your own moon phase calendar with What Do We Do All Day?
- Make a puffy paint moon craft with No Time For Flashcards.
- Make some constellation art with rocks and sidewalk chalk with Creekside Learning
- Have fun playing with homemade outer space playdough from NurtureStore
- Learn how craters are formed and make your own moon craters with Science Sparks.
- Make a cardboard space shuttle and travel to far off galaxies with Mama Smiles.
- Make yourself into a constellation with Relentlessly Fun, Deceptively Educational.
Don't forget to check out our night sky activities from this past week: moon phase mobile, constellation sewing project, and tips for stargazing with the kids.
Make sure to come back next week. We'll be exploring polar animals with games, crafts, and books!